Monday, February 21, 2011

I've come to the conclusion that snow is bad for the health.  At least long term snow.   It seems to make people grumpy, including me, and if the snow isn't the cause then I guess the world is going to pot faster than I originally thought. 
Also, I think that Facebook, e-mail and texting has pretty much ruined people and relationships.  Yes, even I, self appointed facebook queen, admits to facebook over stimulation!  Things are typed and someone reads it wrong, partly because they want to believe the worse in some, and partly because they can't hear the inflection in the writers voice so they don't know that probably it was said tongue-in-cheek, or jokingly or whatnot.  So then person A gets their panties in a wad, types something in rebuttal and the whole thing is blown way out of proportion.  Also, some things just should not be sent via email.  I am so freaking sick to death of forwarded or copy and pasted emails that tell me I am going to have health bestowed upon me if I send this to 50 of my close friends and hell and brimstone if I don't.  First of all, just because "snoops" says it's true, doesn't mean it is. 
I've read two books recently by Donald Miller........  he is my new favorite author.  He says it so well in his book  Searching for God Knows What.  On first inspection, you would assume he was a liberal who has read the bible, but after reading more into the book, you find that he is deeply committed to Christ and bases everything on the word of God!  He doesn't take sides which is all to common in todays society and unfortunately those who do pick sides end up building walls so thick that no one can get through.  Instead, Mr. Miller chooses to remain committed to speaking the truth in love without getting all upset if someone doesn't agree with him.  He also is able to minister to liberals, democrats, republicans and even the Tea Party because he stands firm in the fact that the ONLY way to the father is through Christ.  Making someone agree with your view on abortion, homosexuality, or political agenda does not point people to Christ.  It puts people on opposite sides and breaks down all lines of communication.  The other really neat thing about the way he writes is that he doesn't white wash the gospel. 
Wow, was that just a book review?  Oh well.  
My point is that all to often people pick sides, whether it is pro-life, gay rights, Tea Party, conservative, liberal, etc, and make that their God.  We try to get everyone to agree with us, instead of understanding that we all have sinned, are sinning and will continue to sin until we die, and our anger and pride at those who don't agree with us isn't any less wrong that the ill we are fighting against.   Point people to Christ and He can sort it out.  Stay honest in what you believe and know is right and let God work in the hearts of others.  It's not our job to be heart surgeons.....  Christ can handle that.

No comments:

Post a Comment