Saturday, October 23, 2010

time flys and boys who drive me to drink =)

Why is it that time is going faster?  Seriously, it is.  When I was young, time seemed to move at a snails pace in winter and now it seems like the weeks race by like a greyhound on steroids......  sheesh!   I'm pretty positive that it was last week that my now 17 yr old was 10 and my now 12 year old was 5.  Yeah, seriously.   It used to bug the heck out of me when people would tell me as a new mother that "time would go by fast and enjoy it while I could", because first of all, I thought I knew it all and second of all, I was usually sleep deprived and only wanted to get back to the days of sleeping until at least 8am......  Well, now here we are 21 years since it all began and they were right!  Time did go by fast. 

Today we went to Rock City, which after going, I"m not sure why we have never gone there.   It was amazing!  I surprised myself that I didn't have a heart attack because of the crevices that were waiting to swallow the kids at each step.  I couldn't go there with the older boys, because 21 and 19 year olds just don't listen to their mother anymore and I'm positive that they would try to jump a boulder and end up at the bottom of the canyon crumpled.......  all while their poor helpless mother (me) watches in horror. Little do they know is that I would put "i told you to listen" on their headstones........ 
Last night I was watching Mythbusters, yeah, I"m a geek.  Anyway, they did this experiment with a dummy and they dropped it 100ft into the water to see what the impact would be.  Well, needless to say the dummy died, or it would have if it was real.  Which made me think of the boys and their cliff jumping,,,,,,, and think, and think, and think........  that's when I decided to open a bottle of wine.  Why worry when I can wine?  Knowing that they wouldn't believe me if I told them that at 100ft, they would die, or be dismembered at the very least, I think I will just have them watch Mythbusters when it comes back on as a rerun.....  however, i'm not so sure they will believe me even then..... oh gosh...... is it time for another glass of wine? 

No comments:

Post a Comment