Thursday, October 14, 2010

it's been a long time....

Oh my word!  It's been over a month since I've written. Life just keeps chugging along and most of the time I feel like I am running to catch up.  The summer went wayyyyyyy to quickly and here we are already half way through October. 
It's been a busy, crazy fall so far.  Yeah, I know, it's only been fall for about 3 or 4 weeks, right?  UGH!  Since the beginning of September, I've been to North Carolina, Abby has had her wisdom teeth out, we begun installing new windows and insulation and Danny has been having meltdowns every stinking day.
All of the busyness is manageable, except for the Danny meltdowns.  It was about three weeks ago that his teacher had to physically pull him from me because he was just clinging to me.  Yeah, that just about makes me shiver thinking about it.  There isn't a day that goes by that he doesn't cry or complain about hating school or not wanting to go.  Yeah, I know, what kid WANTS to go to school?  But this whole thing is way more than just your typical school aversion.   First of all, Ron and I are pretty darn sure that 3rd grade is way to stinking hard for him.  Why?  Well, because he can't count past 30 without help most days, adding or subtracting anything more than single digits is over his head and up until this year he has been fine with school.  Oh, did I mention that the tests the school psychologist did last year showed that he was consistently at a k.9- 1.3 grade level in math and no more than a 2.1 grade level in any area.  Seems to me, they should have kept him back.  Well, the school doesn't want to do that because they figure they can't keep retaining him....... well, then sorry charlie, but you can't expect him to keep up with his peers just because he gets older.  He is socially and academically behind.  But what the heck do I know?  I'm just the mother.  SHEESH!!!!!
Next on my list is this whole writing a book ish type thing.  Yeah, so I'm submitting an entry to a writing contest.  It has to be something inspirational, uplifting, something that changed my life.  Hmmmmmm, what to write about?  Did I mention it had to be 10,000 words or more?  Hmmmmmm again.  So, today I started writing. I had one story idea in my brain so i typed away frantically for awhile.  Then my gray matter stopped working.  That's when I figure a food break is needed.  Come back to the computer and still nothing.  So I start a second topic...... write frantically again and AGAIN, the brain quits.  Go back to the first story, write, crash, eat......... and that is how the rest of my day went.  I'm hoping that if I can at least keep up some sort of writing then at least I will get somewhere, somehow.  Blogging is so much easier...  grammar doesn't count, i'm not being judged, well........, at least grammar doesn't count. 

No comments:

Post a Comment