Friday, January 29, 2010

Jacob, the fearless Rooster Whisperer

For those of you who don't know my second oldest son, Jacob, I will enlighten you on a few things about him.  Jacob is a fearless fellow with a propensity to do dangerous things and give his mother heart failure.  He was never officially diagnosed with ADHD but I am 100% positive he would have been had I taken him in.  He was my child that I was certain would not live to see his teenage years.  Thankfully he did live  and I'd like to say he has calmed down but unfortunately he is like the engergizer bunny and just keeps going, and going, and going.....  
Many years ago when Jacob was about four or five, we took a trip out to see my sister and her family in Arkansas.  The kids loved to go out there as did I.  My neices and nephews are about the same age as my older kids and they get along famously.  This one year that we went out we all took a train ride that left from Eureka Springs and went to somewhere in the Ozarks to a animal petting zoo.  It was so great.  The kids were able to pet baby tigers and see animals up close.  Well, this animal place had these chickens and geese roaming around.  Obviously they had never had a kid like mine come there and think that a loose chicken needed to be caught.  Jacob found this poor Rooster walking around.  Actually the Rooster was strutting his stuff and an observent person could clearly see that Mr. Rooster wanted to be left alone to do his rooster stuff. Unfortunately, Jacob didn't realize this fact, nor did he care.  Jake just kept after that Rooster and would quack at it and put his little face down by the roosters tail and cluck.  After about five minutes of being stalked by this toeheaded kid, the Rooster decided he had enough and Mr. Rooster turned round and jumped up and bit Jake right on the nose.  If you could have seen the look on Jacobs face!  It was priceless.  I'd like to say he learned his lesson, but a few years later and another farm his cute little face was the target of yet another provoked attack.

No comments:

Post a Comment