Saturday, May 7, 2011

It's been a long time baby!   There has been so much going on around here that I just haven't taken the time to stop and smell the roses......  not to mention the fact that until this week it hasn't been warm enough to even see or smell anything blooming outside!  Finally I think we are on an uptrend and have spring at our fingertips.   
Well, a few things on my ol brain.  The family reunion is out for my family and I.   Which sucks, but some things just can't be helped, I guess......  I've gone round and round in my head trying to figure out how to make it happen, but i keep coming up to the other ten things on my plate that need to be done.  Namely, get my book done, paint the house, build two porches(for insurance purposes), and the list goes on and on and on....... 
Secondly, the wedding is in full swing.  It's been odd.  On so many levels.....  But a good odd for the most part.  A couple little stray hiccups with certain people who will remain nameless, but it's been good. I absolutely LOVE my future daughter in law, Jake has a great job and is graduating in two weeks, they got a great apartment, and I'm getting along really well with my ex and his wife.  How could life get any better?  That last one is actually the nicest part.  I think i'd even consider his wife a friend.  That is huge for me....... Life is too short to stay mad at someone or to be jealous of someone just because you're insecure.  Which was me in a nut shell........  Not that i'd fit into a nut shell.....  unless it was a very large nut.....  anyway........  I'll move on.
And last, we are excavating the ditch behind our house that is turning out to be a huge mess.  I'm not sure why I didn't think that dirt, water and my husband on a backhoe wouldn't produce mud,......... but it did, and is, and probably will most of the summer.  BUT, hopefully it will keep the water away from out house and when it's all said and done, the landscaping will look pretty.......  unless I break my hand moving cinder-blocks around, like I almost did yesterday.  Yeah, words of wisdom..... don't try pulling a load of cinder-blocks on a cart while driving a tractor down hill.  It WILL flip and smash your hand between the blocks and tractor. 
But, I know I'm growing, because I didn't yell, or swear.  So, it really was a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment